Thank you for your interest in the Cowtown Yeast Wranglers Homebrew Roundup 2017 organized by Cowtown Yeast Wranglers, held at the Canyon Glen Condominium Recreation Center.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
283 entries have been added to the system as of 07:10, Tuesday 21 February, 2017.
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
If you have not registered and are willing to be a volunteer, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
COMPETITION RULES AND ENTRY GUIDELINES
The Cowtown Yeast Wranglers are proud to host the Ninth Annual Cowtown Homebrew Roundup on the 26th of March to the 1st of April, 2017. The purpose of our competition is to promote homebrewing and beer appreciation. We invite all homebrewers to submit their homebrewed beer, mead, and cider for judging under the 2015 BJCP style guidelines.
COMPETITION RULES: Each beer entry needs to be registered on the firstname.lastname@example.org website. If you have questions about registration, fire them off to email@example.com
1. Only one entry per beer style or BJCP subcategory. If there is more than one beer style in a BJCP category, you can enter one beer for each style. For example, individuals can only enter one beer in each style under BJCP Category 18 (Pale American Ale). This means individuals can enter a maximum of one entry each in Blonde Ale (18-A) and American Pale Ale (18-B). The only exception to this rule is category 27A Historical Beer, where we are allowing 2 entries in the category.
If you are planning on entering a Fruit Beer, NE IPA, or British Brown Ale, please read this BJCP FAQ Bulletin regarding those styles.
2. Entries will be limited to 8 per brewer and also limited to a total of 505 for the competition. The reason for this due to and increasing interest in the competition and the limitation of qualified judges available to us. Our goal is to provide quality feedback from certified BJCP judges or professional brewers.
3. Entries are judged under the beer style/sub-category you specify on your registration form. Make sure you pick the right style! Complete style descriptions can be found online at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
4. A minimum score of 30 must be obtained to qualify for a medal in any category. Some BJCP categories may be combined to create medal categories.
5. This a homebrew competition - so no commercial brews please (this includes beer brewed on equipment for commercial research, production, brew-on-premises establishments, or anything of that nature). You know what we mean - this is all about homebrew!
6. All-grain brews, beer from kits, and extract methods are all welcome.
7. All decisions by the competition organizers are final. Entries will be judged between the 26th of March and 1st of April, 2017. Results will be announced at the Gala Awards Banquet on the evening of the 1st of April. Results will also be posted on our website shortly after the event, but due to event organizers drinking at the gala, the results likely won't show up until the morning of April 2nd.
The Yeast WRanglers CowTown Homebrew Roundup "Homebrewer of the Year" award will be presented to the brewer earning the most points in the competition.
Points are gathered as follows:
Gold = 3 points
Silver = 2 points
Bronze = 1 point
Best of Show winner = 3 points
Best of show 1st runner-up = 2 points
Best of show 2nd runner-up = 1 point.
ENTRY GUIDELINES: The deadline for receiving entries and fee payment is 18:00 on March 22, 2017.
Submit two bottles of homebrewed beer, mead, or cider per entry. Bottles will not be returned.
Each entry will consist of 300ml to 500ml capped bottles or corked bottles that are void of all identifying information, including labels and embossing. Printed caps are allowed, but must be blacked out completely. 341ml brown glass bottles are preferred; however, green and clear glass will be accepted. Swing top bottles holding 500ml or less will likewise be accepted as well as corked bottles of the same size. 650ml bomber style bottles are not acceptable as they do not fit in the milk crates that we must use to store and stack the beer.
To each bottle, attach a completed BJCP bottle entry label using a rubber band (tape, adhesives or glue are unacceptable. Bottles that still have commercial beer labels will be disqualified. Furthermore, BJCP labels that are taped or glued on to the bottles may also be disqualified. The BJCP labels are removed from the bottles when we sort the entries, and removing tape and adhesives is time consuming). BJCP labels, in pdf format, are available on the entry page on this site.
The entry fee is $6 per entry. Fees can be paid by PayPal only as this allows the software to mark your entries as paid. Cash will be spend by the organizers to pay the bar tab and cheques will be used as coasters ;)
Entries may be dropped off or delivered to:
6025 Center St S
Calgary, AB T2H 0C2
We are no longer accepting entries dropped off at Wild Rose Taproom.
If dropping off entries in person, please be aware that these are business locations. If you arrive at a peak business hour, please do not disrupt busy employees to drop off your entries.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
Cowtown Yeast Wranglers is proud to have the following sponsors for the Cowtown Yeast Wranglers Homebrew Roundup 2017.